2014 AED Grant Program For Schools
Heart Avengers is an AED grant program offered through HeartSine Technologies and Parent Heart Watch designed to provide schools in the United States with the opportunity to receive an automated external defibrillator (AED) for their facilities. Designed to prevent Sudden Cardiac Death, an AED is a medical device that quickly analyzes the heart’s rhythm and safely delivers an electric shock in the event of a Sudden Cardiac Arrest (SCA).
The 2014 Grant Program is an online video contest. All eligible videos will be posted on the Parent Heart Watch Facebook page, and the 25 videos garnering the most votes will receive an AED package as detailed below.
How to Enter
Fill out the online application
Create and upload a video to Vimeo (www.vimeo.com) or YouTube, (www.youtube.com) which cannot exceed 3 minutes in length. Videos must address all of the following questions:
- Why does your school need an AED?
- Where will the AED be placed? (AED must be publicly accessible at all times)
- How will you raise awareness about your school having an AED to students, teachers, school staff and parents? (Note: educational materials will be provided free of charge by Parent Heart Watch and HeartSine Technologies for distribution
All questions must be addressed in the video or entry will be disqualified.
Deadline for application and video submission is March 31, 2014
Applicants must attend or be employed at an elementary, middle, high or combined school located within the United States. School should demonstrate a willingness to receive CPR and AED training and establish an Emergency Action Plan for their school. If selected, the school will receive one (1) AED package as outlined below. Public, parochial, and other nonprofit schools are eligible to win—for-profit schools are ineligible. Schools which have previously received an AED from or through Parent Heart Watch within the past 5 years are ineligible.
View Grant Guidelines
View Grant Application
Package Includes the Following
- One (1) HeartSine® Samaritan PAD 350P Defibrillator
- One (1) Adult Pad-Pak (battery and electrodes for >8 years of age and >55 lbs.)
- One (1) Pediatric Pad-Pak (battery and electrodes for 0-8 years of age or up to 55 lbs.)
- One (1) Wall Case to house AED
- One (1) Three-dimensional AED Wall Sign
- Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) and AED Certification Training for up to 5 people
- Hands-Only CPR Training (approximately 30 minutes) for up to 20 people
- Parent Heart Watch educational printed materials on the warning signs & symptoms of a heart condition and the cardiac chain of survival
- Support in creating an Emergency Action Plan (EAP)
Parent Heart Watch educational materials are available for free in hard copy and electronically for your school:
To order free important printed materials, please submit your complete name, organization name, mailing address, telephone number, type and quantity desired:
Purchase an AED at a preferred price with the Heart Avengers AED Discount Program. Click here to learn more!
To place your AED order today, call 1-866-478-7463 x112 and reference the Heart Avengers Program